A commitment ceremony is intended for any adult couple that wish to celebrate their commitment to each other without undergoing a legal marriage or civil partnership. As with any celebrant lead ceremony, there are no rules. An exchange of rings, promises or vows can be made - whatever way you wish to symbolise and affirm your feelings for each other and for a future together. There are no legalities connected with a commitment.
* Any venue - no licence required
* Any content - religious, non religious or perhaps you'd like a mixture of two religions
* Any music
* Write your own vows or promises
* Hold a traditional ceremony or be different
* Mark the occasion with a symbolic action such as lighting a unity candle
* Ask a guest to read a special poem or reading from your favourite book